Saturday 25 July 2009

Colonel Mustard

Hello!
Here's some pics of the Colonel Mustard show at the Scottish Arts Club.


The wall my framed prints were hung on.. hanging all 8 as a set worked out well I used the similar idea I had used in an exhibition previously in the year. The prints were all based on small drawings I had done of elements of architecture and the city. Some were transposing drawings into print form and using the textures of soft ground as well as elements of chance to create textures, some were made up on the plate using imaginary elements I drew automatically.


Other works hung, including Catriona Simpson, Scott McCracken & Allan Robertson. The club's decor and atmosphere are very traditional however they let us hang there!


Another view of the framed prints. Titled 'Concrete Geometry' as a set


View along the wall of the club opposite my works, with paintings by Scott McCracken and Allan Robertson.


The chairs in the club are quite peculiar... The artists enjoying some drinks

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.andrew-smith-artist.co.uk/